- Caring for Your Vintage
Caring for Your Vintage
We have used Eucalan Delicate Wash for many of the garments with tremendous success. We spot clean, if necessary, with a variety of home and commercial products, depending on the nature of the stain. Then we rinse with Delicate Wash.
If you would like to use Eucalan Delicate Wash yourself, please refer to their website at www.Eucalan.com for more information.
Some helpful tips to keep your vintage garment happy and wearable for many years to come:
- Cloth covered buttons tend to rust when washed, please remove them first.
- Seams can be fragile, do not ring or twist, lay item between thick towels and roll to get rid of excess water. The machine spin cycle can be used for heavier items, but do not agitate.
- Always test for color-fastness before washing – test on an interior seam or in an inconspicuous place.
- Steaming wrinkles out with a steamer is best for vintage garments.
- After wearing, you can diminish odors by applying a light spray of oregano-oil and water (a few drops of oregano-oil in a spray bottle of water).