- Item Condition and Grading
Item Condition and Grading
Condition and Rating information
Each one of our garments has been thoroughly cleaned and pressed. We go over each piece with a fine-toothed comb, so that we can determine if there are any vintage flaws. We want you to clearly know what you're getting, so we photograph all flaw details and specify them in the descriptions for you. Most of our pieces have been previously loved and many exceed sixty years. They will have wear, simply from age and laundering, but many are minimally worn even then.
Below are the specifics on how we rate a piece's condition.
- Excellent: shows very little wear, no visible flaws
- Very good: shows tiny flaws, wearable as purchased
- Good: shows some visible flaws, repairs, wearable with care
- Fair: not wearable as is – for collectors, study, theater, costume